-   -   conditional headings (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/172705-conditional-headings.html)

excel help acct

conditional headings

I need to populate a heading on an excel spreadsheet based on a value keyed
by a user. It can be one of 12 values keyed in. How can I code the heading
to appear based on the chouice selected by the user?

Tyro[_2_]

conditional headings

Do a Lookup of the keyed-in value. See Vlookup, Hlookup, Lookup functions.

Tyro

"excel help acct" <excel help wrote in
message ...
I need to populate a heading on an excel spreadsheet based on a value keyed
by a user. It can be one of 12 values keyed in. How can I code the
heading
to appear based on the chouice selected by the user?

Gary''s Student

conditional headings

Use =VLOOKUP()

See Excel Help on this function
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200765

"excel help acct" wrote:

I need to populate a heading on an excel spreadsheet based on a value keyed
by a user. It can be one of 12 values keyed in. How can I code the heading
to appear based on the chouice selected by the user?

ryguy7272

conditional headings

Most likely, your answer is contained in this link, if not, post back:

Ryan--
--
RyGuy

"excel help acct" wrote:

I need to populate a heading on an excel spreadsheet based on a value keyed
by a user. It can be one of 12 values keyed in. How can I code the heading
to appear based on the chouice selected by the user?

Pete_UK

conditional headings

Assume the user enters a value between 1 and 12 inclusive into cell
A1. You could use this in another cell to return your heading:

=CHOOSE(A1,"One","Two","Three","Four","Five","Six" ,"Seven","Eight","Nine","Ten","Eleven","Twelve" )

Of course, you should substitute the headings you want for the
"numbers".

Hope this helps.

Pete