Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
OBJ OBJ is offline

Default lookups

I am trying to set up a way to confirm commission payment on a particular
account.
I have a spreadsheet with orders that we have placed with the main company &
then when the statement comes back to us from the main company that lists
what accounts the company has paid commission on I need to have a way to
compare a spreadsheet that contains commission paid on order numbers to my
spreadsheet that contains order numbers placed. I am thinking a vlookup is
the way to go but I am not sure.
Thank you for any help. (I am definately a newbie but I work for a very
small company & am having to wear many different hats right now & we are
growing & I need to find a way to work smarter rather than harder!)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One of the stipulations of using the Vlookup() function, is that the column
containing the lookup value is to the *left* of the column containing any
data that you want returned from the corresponding row.

If this is not the case, then a combination of the Index() and Match()
functions can perform the same task.

Here's a link to Debra Dalgleish's web page concerning Vlookup:

Post back with the configurations of *both* your WBs if you need more help.

--
HTH,

RD

&
then when the statement comes back to us from the main company that lists
what accounts the company has paid commission on I need to have a way to
compare a spreadsheet that contains commission paid on order numbers to

my
spreadsheet that contains order numbers placed. I am thinking a vlookup

is
the way to go but I am not sure.
Thank you for any help. (I am definately a newbie but I work for a very
small company & am having to wear many different hats right now & we are
growing & I need to find a way to work smarter rather than harder!)

V Lookups Sue T Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 October 30th 07 02:17 PM
lookups EC Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 December 12th 06 08:36 PM
Lookups Sal Excel Worksheet Functions 4 April 17th 06 07:59 AM
Lookups nick Excel Worksheet Functions 0 October 3rd 05 06:37 PM
LOOKUPS - Creating LOOKUPs where two different values must BOTH be satisfied. Mr Wiffy Excel Worksheet Functions 2 May 16th 05 04:29 AM