Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
OBJ OBJ is offline

Default lookups

I am trying to set up a way to confirm commission payment on a particular
account.
I have a spreadsheet with orders that we have placed with the main company &
then when the statement comes back to us from the main company that lists
what accounts the company has paid commission on I need to have a way to
compare a spreadsheet that contains commission paid on order numbers to my
spreadsheet that contains order numbers placed. I am thinking a vlookup is
the way to go but I am not sure.
Thank you for any help. (I am definately a newbie but I work for a very
small company & am having to wear many different hats right now & we are
growing & I need to find a way to work smarter rather than harder!)