fredmunich

Default Minutes to Hours:minutes

Hi,

I've been looking, with no success to some post and could not find the
answer. I am sure this has been answered in the past so sorry to ask again.
I have a result in minutes:320 for example
I would like to have the result displayed as 5:20 and not 5.33 (cell/60).
Also, if the number of minutes is greater than 1440 (day) I would like to
have the 2 options:
- hh:mn
- d:hh:mn
In fact I am using both format in 2 reports.
Thanks in advance if you have the solution.
Regards
Fred

fred

Thanks Bob,

This resolve my problem if the number of minutes is below 1440. If the
number of minutes is more than 1440 excel forget the remaining hours. So if I
format the cell with dd:hh:mn it works fine for my first request. But for my
second request (format hours:mn it does not work. I'd like to be able to show
for exemple 278 h and 23 mn. Do you have an idea for this?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

fred

I've found the solution.

For case 1, Bob give me the answer.A1/1440
But For case 2 (when hours 24) and case 1 the format of the cell must be
[h]:mn
and not hh:mn or even dd:hh:mn
Thanks again