Randberger

Default Adding minutes to time

I'm trying to create a timeline. If an event starts at 7:00 PM and the first
activity takes five minutes, it would then be 7:05 PM. The next event takes
10 minutes, taking us to 7:15 PM, etc. I can't seem to add minutes -- five
minutes becomes 12:05 PM and my timeline swings back and forth from AM to PM.
Custom formatting can make the minutes look like 00:05:00, but the 12 hours
are still lurking there, messing up my timeline. Any solutions?
Jason Morin

=A1+TIME(,5,)

This will add 5 min.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

I'm trying to create a timeline. If an event starts at

7:00 PM and the first
activity takes five minutes, it would then be 7:05 PM.

The next event takes
10 minutes, taking us to 7:15 PM, etc. I can't seem to

add minutes -- five
minutes becomes 12:05 PM and my timeline swings back and

forth from AM to PM.
Custom formatting can make the minutes look like

00:05:00, but the 12 hours
are still lurking there, messing up my timeline. Any

solutions?
.

Peo Sjoblom

Use

=A1+5/1440

where A1 holds 07:00 PM

you might have to reformat since exel probably wants to format as date and
time

Or if you don't need to do calculations you can use

=TEXT(A1+5/1440,"h:mm AM/PM")

or

=TEXT(A1+B1/1440,"h:mm AM/PM")

where B1 holds the minutes you want to add

one excel hour is 1/24 thus one excel minute is 1/(60*24) = 1/1440

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Randberger" wrote:

I'm trying to create a timeline. If an event starts at 7:00 PM and the first
activity takes five minutes, it would then be 7:05 PM. The next event takes
10 minutes, taking us to 7:15 PM, etc. I can't seem to add minutes -- five
minutes becomes 12:05 PM and my timeline swings back and forth from AM to PM.
Custom formatting can make the minutes look like 00:05:00, but the 12 hours
are still lurking there, messing up my timeline. Any solutions?

JE McGimpsey

One way:

A1: 7:00 pm
A2: 5
A3: =A1+TIME(0,A2,0) === 7:05 pm

alternatively,

A3: =A1+A2/1440

which works since XL stores times as fractional days, so you need to
divide minutes by (24*60).

In article ,
"Randberger" wrote:

I'm trying to create a timeline. If an event starts at 7:00 PM and the first
activity takes five minutes, it would then be 7:05 PM. The next event takes
10 minutes, taking us to 7:15 PM, etc. I can't seem to add minutes -- five
minutes becomes 12:05 PM and my timeline swings back and forth from AM to PM.
Custom formatting can make the minutes look like 00:05:00, but the 12 hours
are still lurking there, messing up my timeline. Any solutions?

GD

Hello !
A1=7:00 PM
A2=5