PM

Default Help - Information with time and date

I have a spressheet that automatically populates 2 cells with the current
time and date using the TODAY() and NOW () functions. Unfortunately, when I
the new time and date.

e.g. First Visit date set to 5-Jan 05 and time set to 09:20 AM.
Second visit date set to 5-Jan 05 and time set to 09:25 AM.
Third visit date set to 6-Jan 05 and time set to 10:00 AM.

Is there a way that I can only get the cells populated once?

Any help would be appreciated.

PM

I actually need to populate the cells automatically first time round only.

The people who are to use the sheet are not very Excel orientated and
therefore the more that can be achieved via automation the better.
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Use Ctrl-: and Ctrl-Shift-;

--

HTH

RP

"PM" wrote in message
I have a spressheet that automatically populates 2 cells with the current
time and date using the TODAY() and NOW () functions. Unfortunately, when

with
the new time and date.

e.g. First Visit date set to 5-Jan 05 and time set to 09:20 AM.
Second visit date set to 5-Jan 05 and time set to 09:25 AM.
Third visit date set to 6-Jan 05 and time set to 10:00 AM.

Is there a way that I can only get the cells populated once?

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob Phillips

By first-time, do you mean when the workbook is opened, when it is created,
or what specifically. And which cells?

--

HTH

RP

"PM" wrote in message
I actually need to populate the cells automatically first time round only.

The people who are to use the sheet are not very Excel orientated and
therefore the more that can be achieved via automation the better.
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Use Ctrl-: and Ctrl-Shift-;

--

HTH

RP

"PM" wrote in message
I have a spressheet that automatically populates 2 cells with the

current
time and date using the TODAY() and NOW () functions. Unfortunately,

when

cells
with
the new time and date.

e.g. First Visit date set to 5-Jan 05 and time set to 09:20 AM.
Second visit date set to 5-Jan 05 and time set to 09:25 AM.
Third visit date set to 6-Jan 05 and time set to 10:00 AM.

Is there a way that I can only get the cells populated once?

Any help would be appreciated.

PM

This is the full story:-

Column A is a text field. Column H is a date field in the format dd-mmm-yy,
and column I is a time field in the format hh:mm am/pm.

If information is entered in a row An, then I want the corresponding row
for the date and time to be populated. Once information is entered in An,
then the time and date should only be updated once, not every time the date
and time changes. The formula that I am using to populate the appropriate
date and time cells is:-

=IF(ISBLANK(A61)," ",TODAY()) and =IF(ISBLANK(A61)," ",NOW( )).

As you can see the date and time is only populated when An is not blank, and
therefore is updated every time the date and time changes. I only want to
have the time and date populated the first time any inforamtion is entered in
An.

"PM" wrote:

I actually need to populate the cells automatically first time round only.

The people who are to use the sheet are not very Excel orientated and
therefore the more that can be achieved via automation the better.
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Use Ctrl-: and Ctrl-Shift-;

--

HTH