jenn

Default refresh all cells in column

Hello, besides pressing F2 and ENTER 6000 times... is there a way to refresh
every cell in a column at once?
Niek Otten

Select the range. EditReplace, replace all "=" by "=". (without the quotes,
just a sort of re-entering the formulas)

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"jenn" wrote in message
Hello, besides pressing F2 and ENTER 6000 times... is there a way to
refresh
every cell in a column at once?

jenn

that's fabulous and I'm sure I will use it in the future... If I have a
column (A) of numbers that were formated general and changed to text (to keep
leading zeros)... and my formula in (C) .. a vlookup... will not show me the
data without refreshing the data in column A... is there another solution... ?

"jenn" wrote in message
Hello, besides pressing F2 and ENTER 6000 times... is there a way to
refresh
every cell in a column at once?

Niek Otten

Please give us your formulas, values, results and expected results.
I don't know *how* you changed your numbers to text, but that shouldn't be
necessary with the right custom formatting.

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"jenn" wrote in message
Hello, besides pressing F2 and ENTER 6000 times... is there a way to
refresh
every cell in a column at once?

jenn

I have a 'caseload report tab 1, service report tab 2.
tab 1 id numbers come to me with a ' before the numbers to keep the leading
zeros. tab 2 comes to be with the id numbers already converted to text, so it
keeps the leading zeros.
in tab 1 I used 'text to colunns' to get the ' not to import and was left
with my column of numbers.
tab 1 I have a named data range of primary name with column A ID, B,client,
C primary.
tab 2 I have lists of service dates with A ID number, B Client name, C
Vlookup(a2,primaryname,3,0)
Tab 1 ID and tab 2 ID are both formated as text.
I am have to F2,ENTER on each ID Cell in tab 2 (A) to have the C Vlookup
data flood in. Thanks

"jenn" wrote in message
Hello, besides pressing F2 and ENTER 6000 times... is there a way to
refresh
every cell in a column at once?

Niek Otten

There is probably still a space or another invisible character in your data.
Easiest is to convert all data to real numbers.
Format an empty cell as number and enter the number 1. EditCopy. Select
your "numbers", EditPaste Special, check Multiply.

You can still format with leading zeros; FormatCellsCustom, enter 0000000
The required number of digits) in the Type box.

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel