khurram saddique

Default how can i fill blank cells in column with abc while the right col.

i have two columns, in first column there are some blank cell while on the
right column there are no blanks i want someone to guid me that how can i
fill the empty cell for eg
column A column B
red car
orange house
car
car
white truck
green truck
car
now there are two column, in column a i want to fill blank cell with abc
the problem is that the last cell in column a is empty so i cannot select it
with
(ctl + †“)
Ken Wright

Either select all of Col A and do Edit / Go To / Special Blanks, or Use the
mthod you were trying but do it on Col B and then when you have sleected all
of the data in Col B hit the left arrow as well to select all of Col B & A
and then do edit Go / To / Special / Blanks. Now type abc and use
CTRL+ENTER to enter that value into all blank cells.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"khurram saddique" wrote in
message ...
i have two columns, in first column there are some blank cell while on the
right column there are no blanks i want someone to guid me that how can i
fill the empty cell for eg
column A column B
red car
orange house
car
car
white truck
green truck
car
now there are two column, in column a i want to fill blank cell with abc
the problem is that the last cell in column a is empty so i cannot select

it
with
(ctl + ?)

CLR

Data Filter AutoFilter............

then on column A dropdown arrow, select "blanks", then enter in top cell
your "abc" and copy down...........

then on drop down arrow, select "All".............

then Data Filter AutoFilter again to turn off the AutoFilter..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"khurram saddique" wrote in
message ...