Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default why is ...xls] being added to the name on my worksheet?

I have a database set up and want to add a new worksheet called
'Expenditure'. When I name the worksheet '...xls]' is automatically added to
the front. How do I get rid of this without it generating an error message
suggesting things I am doing wrong, of which I am doing none? Cheers.