Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sheryl

Default added up none numbers

I have to add up how many A's, S's, ST's and L's I have in a column how do I
do that?
Column 1 Column 2
A A
A A
ST A
A A
A A
A A
A A
A A
A A
A A
L L
A A
A A
A A
S S
S S
A A
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=SUMIF(A:A,"A")

etc.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Sheryl" wrote in message
I have to add up how many A's, S's, ST's and L's I have in a column how do

do that?
Column 1 Column 2
A A
A A
ST A
A A
A A
A A
A A
A A
A A
A A
L L
A A
A A
A A
S S
S S
A A

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Or maybe countif

=COUNTIF(A:A,"A")

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

Portland, Oregon

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
=SUMIF(A:A,"A")

etc.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Sheryl" wrote in message
I have to add up how many A's, S's, ST's and L's I have in a column how
do

do that?
Column 1 Column 2
A A
A A
ST A
A A
A A
A A
A A
A A
A A
A A
L L
A A
A A
A A
S S
S S
A A

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sheryl

I tried those and they did not work
=COUNTIF(A:A,"A")
which letters do I change for the column I'm in? They will be columns H thru
BU
Sheryl
thank you for all your help

"Sheryl" wrote in message
I have to add up how many A's, S's, ST's and L's I have in a column how
do
do that?
Column 1 Column 2
A A
A A
ST A
A A
A A
A A
A A
A A
A A
A A
L L
A A
A A
A A
S S
S S
A A

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sheryl

So for column H this is what I tired

=COUNTIF(H2:H24,"A")

and it worked

but for the next section I tired

=COUNTIF((((H25:H41,"A")(((H25:H41,"S")))((H25:H41 ,"LO"))(H25:H41,"L"))))

and it did not. What did I do wrong?

I need how many A's, S's and L's

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=COUNTIF(H:BU,"A")

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Sheryl" wrote in message
I have to add up how many A's, S's, ST's and L's I have in a column

how
do
do that?
Column 1 Column 2
A A
A A
ST A
A A
A A
A A
A A
A A
A A
A A
L L
A A
A A
A A
S S
S S
A A

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(H25:H41,{"A","S","LO","L"}))

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"sheryl" wrote in message
So for column H this is what I tired

=COUNTIF(H2:H24,"A")

and it worked

but for the next section I tired

=COUNTIF((((H25:H41,"A")(((H25:H41,"S")))((H25:H41 ,"LO"))(H25:H41,"L"))))

and it did not. What did I do wrong?

I need how many A's, S's and L's

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=COUNTIF(H:BU,"A")

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Sheryl" wrote in message
I have to add up how many A's, S's, ST's and L's I have in a

column
how
do
do that?
Column 1 Column 2
A A
A A
ST A
A A
A A
A A
A A
A A
A A
A A
L L
A A
A A
A A
S S
S S
A A

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sheryl

I tried that all I got was a 3 and I should have L=2, S=3, A=9 and LO=0

"sheryl" wrote in message
So for column H this is what I tired

=COUNTIF(H2:H24,"A")

and it worked

but for the next section I tired

=COUNTIF((((H25:H41,"A")(((H25:H41,"S")))((H25:H41 ,"LO"))(H25:H41,"L"))))

and it did not. What did I do wrong?

I need how many A's, S's and L's

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=COUNTIF(H:BU,"A")