-   -   why is ...xls] being added to the name on my worksheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/160616-why-xls%5D-being-added-name-my-worksheet.html)

beauwl

why is ...xls] being added to the name on my worksheet?

I have a database set up and want to add a new worksheet called
'Expenditure'. When I name the worksheet '...xls]' is automatically added to
the front. How do I get rid of this without it generating an error message
suggesting things I am doing wrong, of which I am doing none? Cheers.

Dave Peterson

why is ...xls] being added to the name on my worksheet?

Try saving the workbook with no []'s in its name.

Then try renaming that worksheet.

--

Dave Peterson

beauwl

why is ...xls] being added to the name on my worksheet?

Dave

That did it straight away. Thank you for your help.