Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to filter only the numbers I need

I have a list of phone numbers, some of the numbers have multiple numbers
associated with them, some do not. When I autofilter, I see all the numbers
I need, but I cannot copy the autofilter list, nor can I select an option to
list all the numbers that I see when I open the autofilter. I just need what
I see when I autofilter, how can I copy the autofilter list.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What does that mean, do you get an error message when you copy them or what?
Normally you just select the range in a filtered list and copy it then paste
it somewhere else,
you can also try by selecting the visible list, press F5, click special and
select visible cell only press enter and then copy.

Peo Sjoblom

"10john01" wrote in message
I have a list of phone numbers, some of the numbers have multiple numbers
associated with them, some do not. When I autofilter, I see all the
numbers
I need, but I cannot copy the autofilter list, nor can I select an option
list all the numbers that I see when I open the autofilter. I just need
what
I see when I autofilter, how can I copy the autofilter list.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are you saying that you use the auto filter to get the numbers you want, and
then you try to copy those numbers and paste them to another worksheet?
And are you saying that instead of only copying the visible filtered
numbers, it is also copying the non visible numbers?
It seems to work for me. When I past, it only pastes the numbers that were
visible. Which Excel version are you using?

Regards,
Paul

--

"10john01" wrote in message
I have a list of phone numbers, some of the numbers have multiple numbers
associated with them, some do not. When I autofilter, I see all the
numbers
I need, but I cannot copy the autofilter list, nor can I select an option
list all the numbers that I see when I open the autofilter. I just need
what
I see when I autofilter, how can I copy the autofilter list.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With list filtered, F5SpecialVisble cells onlyOK

Now copy the highlighted range.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP