Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default filter works on letters not numbers

I have a spreadsheet from a query with various columns of numbers and letters.
If I do a custom filter on the column with letters, and, say,"does not
equal" a certain letter, the filter will work. If I do a custom filter on any
column with numbers, the same filter will not work. All cells are formatted
"general". I have tried formatting the numbers as "number", but that doesn't
work either.
Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is probably due to Excel not storing numbers as integers, whilst you are
inputting your filter criteria as an integer. Try using a combination of "is
greater than" and "is less than".

"Churley" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet from a query with various columns of numbers and letters.
If I do a custom filter on the column with letters, and, say,"does not
equal" a certain letter, the filter will work. If I do a custom filter on any
column with numbers, the same filter will not work. All cells are formatted
"general". I have tried formatting the numbers as "number", but that doesn't
work either.
Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you.
I tried changing the filter to "does not contain", and "does not begin
with", and both of these worked as well.