Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tim Tim is offline

Default Help with if funktion

Can I use if funktion when the logical test is not value?

I have conditionally formated the cells C7:J48 such that if some conditions
apply then one (only one) of those cells will turn yellow.
Now, I want that another cell H63 to pick up the value of yellow cell.
Can I do this whith if function?
Or any other possibilities?

TIA

Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Us the IF() function to check for the same conditions that turned the cell
yellow.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Tim" wrote in message
Can I use if funktion when the logical test is not value?

I have conditionally formated the cells C7:J48 such that if some
conditions
apply then one (only one) of those cells will turn yellow.
Now, I want that another cell H63 to pick up the value of yellow cell.
Can I do this whith if function?
Or any other possibilities?

TIA

Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tim Tim is offline

The cells C7:J48 are divided in 8 columns and the cells in these colums have
not the same conditions. (Have not been equally conditionally formated) All
these conditions cannot be put in a simple "if" formula.

I wanted initially to use match() funktion but I am not very familiar with
it, so I was thinking it would be easier if I can use if() funktion with
logical tests such cell color or any other format element.

"Tim" wrote in message
Can I use if funktion when the logical test is not value?

I have conditionally formated the cells C7:J48 such that if some
conditions
apply then one (only one) of those cells will turn yellow.
Now, I want that another cell H63 to pick up the value of yellow cell.
Can I do this whith if function?
Or any other possibilities?

TIA

Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You said in your first post that only one cell will turn yellow, so
the CF formulae (even if different in different cells) must have some
implied dependency, eg one might be looking for a number greater than
100, another might be looking for a number between 80 and 100 etc. If
you can describe what the conditions are on those 8 cells, then I'm
sure someone will be able to put a formula together for you.

Pete

"Tim" wrote in message
Can I use if funktion when the logical test is not value?

I have conditionally formated the cells C7:J48 such that if some
conditions
apply then one (only one) of those cells will turn yellow.
Now, I want that another cell H63 to pick up the value of yellow cell.
Can I do this whith if function?
Or any other possibilities?

TIA

Tim- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Tim,

Assuming that the yellow cell can be any of the cells in C7:J48, the
simplest way of doing it would be to have a table with the formulas that the
conditional formats use. This will return a table of 327 FALSE and one
TRUE.

Say the table is in L7:S48 , in T7 enter the formula:
=COUNTIF(L7:S7,TRUE)
and copy down to T48

Insert a new Row 6 and enter in the new C6 the formula:
=COUNTIF(L7:L48,TRUE)
and copy along to J6
This will return 7 0's and one 1

Now hide Row 6 and Columns L:T

In the cell that you want your return in enter the formula:
=IF(SUM(C6:J6)=0,"",HLOOKUP(1,C6:J48,MATCH(1,T7:T4 8,FALSE)+1,FALSE))