Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Help with if funktion

Hi Tim,

Assuming that the yellow cell can be any of the cells in C7:J48, the
simplest way of doing it would be to have a table with the formulas that the
conditional formats use. This will return a table of 327 FALSE and one
TRUE.

Say the table is in L7:S48 , in T7 enter the formula:
=COUNTIF(L7:S7,TRUE)
and copy down to T48

Insert a new Row 6 and enter in the new C6 the formula:
=COUNTIF(L7:L48,TRUE)
and copy along to J6
This will return 7 0's and one 1

Now hide Row 6 and Columns L:T

In the cell that you want your return in enter the formula:
=IF(SUM(C6:J6)=0,"",HLOOKUP(1,C6:J48,MATCH(1,T7:T4 8,FALSE)+1,FALSE))

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Tim" wrote in message
The cells C7:J48 are divided in 8 columns and the cells in these colums
have
not the same conditions. (Have not been equally conditionally formated)
All
these conditions cannot be put in a simple "if" formula.

I wanted initially to use match() funktion but I am not very familiar with
it, so I was thinking it would be easier if I can use if() funktion with
logical tests such cell color or any other format element.

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

Us the IF() function to check for the same conditions that turned the
cell
yellow.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Tim" wrote in message
Can I use if funktion when the logical test is not value?

I have conditionally formated the cells C7:J48 such that if some
conditions
apply then one (only one) of those cells will turn yellow.
Now, I want that another cell H63 to pick up the value of yellow cell.
Can I do this whith if function?
Or any other possibilities?

TIA

Tim