Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 07 Conditional Formatting Help!

Hi all,
I'm after some help on conditional formatting in Excel 07.
I have data which I would like to format based on whether a condition
in the first cell in a row is met. This used to be easy in earlier
versions of excel but I cannot for the life of me work out how to do
it with 07. Here is an example of what I am trying to achieve:
if A1 < now() then format the entire A row.

Hope this makes sense!
Thanks in advance
Dave.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't know about 07, but with earlier versions it would be Formula Is
(rather than Cell Value Is) =$A1<NOW() (remembering the absolute reference
for the column, but not for the row).
--
David Biddulph

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all,
I'm after some help on conditional formatting in Excel 07.
I have data which I would like to format based on whether a condition
in the first cell in a row is met. This used to be easy in earlier
versions of excel but I cannot for the life of me work out how to do
it with 07. Here is an example of what I am trying to achieve:
if A1 < now() then format the entire A row.

Hope this makes sense!
Thanks in advance
Dave.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks David, but I still am having difficulty getting the entire row
to be formatted based on the data in the 1st cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Did you use the formula which I suggested? [... and which you have
snipped.]
Look at the formula in CF and make sure it is saying exactly what you intend
it to show. If it doubt, copy the formula from the CF formula to here so
that we can see what you've done.
--
David Biddulph

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks David, but I still am having difficulty getting the entire row
to be formatted based on the data in the 1st cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Yes, it is not that intuitive in Excel 07. Try the following:

Select the row you want to format by clicking on the row row number on the
left side of the first column.
In the 'Home' Tab -- 'Conditional Formatting'-- 'Highlight Cell Rules' --
'More Rules' -- Select 'Use a formula to determine which cells to format',
enter the formula in the formula bar, e.g., =$A$1<now(), select the
formatting you wish under 'Format', 'OK', and 'OK'.

Regards,
Ramachandran