Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pritchett

Default conditional formatting in excel

I am trying to format a cell to bring back a certain font color when you type
certain things. Example if I type "Chevy, Ford, or Dodge" in a cell I want
the font formatted red and if I type "BMW, Honda, Toyata" in the same cell I
want the font formatted in blue. Basically I am trying to cond. format the
cell to change color with a word, but you only get three conditions. Would
that be considered "Cell value is" "equal to" and if so how do you seperate
the info. ="Chevy, Dodge, Ford" or ="(Chevy, Ford, Dodge)" I have
tried many combo's to use it like a list but can not find the correct one. Or
maybe what I am trying to do is just impossible at the moment. Any help would
be grateful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pritchett

Thank you it did work, but to avoid time wasting copy and pasting could you
do it for the entire column or A2 through A22 by showing it like
=OR(A2:A22="Chevy",A2:A22="Ford",A2:A22="Dodge") I tried this particular one
and it did not work...Help please

"Pritchett" wrote in message
I am trying to format a cell to bring back a certain font color when you
type
certain things. Example if I type "Chevy, Ford, or Dodge" in a cell I want
the font formatted red and if I type "BMW, Honda, Toyata" in the same cell
want the font formatted in blue. Basically I am trying to cond. format the
cell to change color with a word, but you only get three conditions. Would
that be considered "Cell value is" "equal to" and if so how do you
seperate
the info. ="Chevy, Dodge, Ford" or ="(Chevy, Ford, Dodge)" I have
tried many combo's to use it like a list but can not find the correct one.
Or
maybe what I am trying to do is just impossible at the moment. Any help
would
be grateful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

If you select A2:A22 and put that in, it will replicate itself over the
other cells automatically. So A3 will refer to A3 and so on.

Andy.