Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pritchett

Default conditional formatting in excel

I am trying to format a cell to bring back a certain font color when you type
certain things. Example if I type "Chevy, Ford, or Dodge" in a cell I want
the font formatted red and if I type "BMW, Honda, Toyata" in the same cell I
want the font formatted in blue. Basically I am trying to cond. format the
cell to change color with a word, but you only get three conditions. Would
that be considered "Cell value is" "equal to" and if so how do you seperate
the info. ="Chevy, Dodge, Ford" or ="(Chevy, Ford, Dodge)" I have
tried many combo's to use it like a list but can not find the correct one. Or
maybe what I am trying to do is just impossible at the moment. Any help would
be grateful.