Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
sike11 via OfficeKB.com

Default Conditional formatting in Excel

Hi,

Hope you can help. I have created a formula to fill a cell with colour based
on the user input.

Eg. If cell= "R" then colour cell Red;
if cell = "A" then colour cell Gold;
If cell = "G" then colour cell Green

I hope to copy that for the whole spreadsheet, however, when I tried to copy
the format to my other cells it only took the format of the original cell.

Is there a way to solve this?

Regards,

Mary.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Stefi

Just select the range you want to format including the cell already
conditionally formatted, invoke Conditional formatting again and press OK!

Regards,
Stefi

€žsike11 via OfficeKB.com€ť ezt Ă*rta:

Hi,

Hope you can help. I have created a formula to fill a cell with colour based
on the user input.

Eg. If cell= "R" then colour cell Red;
if cell = "A" then colour cell Gold;
If cell = "G" then colour cell Green

I hope to copy that for the whole spreadsheet, however, when I tried to copy
the format to my other cells it only took the format of the original cell.

Is there a way to solve this?

Regards,

Mary.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Marcelo

Hi Mary,

You would like to have this conditional format on the entire worksheet?
if yes select all cells, on the Format menu select Conditional format and
include the 3 options that you have.

HTH
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"sike11 via OfficeKB.com" escreveu:

Hi,

Hope you can help. I have created a formula to fill a cell with colour based
on the user input.

Eg. If cell= "R" then colour cell Red;
if cell = "A" then colour cell Gold;
If cell = "G" then colour cell Green

I hope to copy that for the whole spreadsheet, however, when I tried to copy
the format to my other cells it only took the format of the original cell.

Is there a way to solve this?

Regards,

Mary.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
sike11 via OfficeKB.com

Hi Stefi,

I did as suggested, but it copied the original cell format into all the range
I specified.
Any ideas?

Stefi wrote:
Just select the range you want to format including the cell already
conditionally formatted, invoke Conditional formatting again and press OK!

Regards,
Stefi

„sike11 via OfficeKB.com” ezt írta:

Hi,

[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]

Mary.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
sike11 via OfficeKB.com

May be I should clarifiy what is the formula. Please see below:

Formula is =$D$5 : $I$28 = "G" then format is colour Green
Formula is =$D$5 : $I$28 = "A" then format is colour Gold
Formula is =$D$5 : $I$28 = "R" then format is colour Red

This only seems to work for the first cell (which happens to be "G"). It then
colours all the specified range Green.

Any ideas?

Mary.

sike11 wrote:
No, not the entire worksheet - only about 6 coloumns.

Hi Mary,

[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]

Mary.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Stefi

Select those 6 columns by clicking on their column identifiers (letters above
the columns): click on the first, hold down and drag to the right until all
the 6 columns are highlighted, and proceed with Conditional formatting with
your conditions!

Marcelo wrote:
Hi Mary,

You would like to have this conditional format on the entire worksheet?
if yes select all cells, on the Format menu select Conditional format and
include the 3 options that you have.

HTH
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

Hi,

[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]

Mary.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
sike11 via OfficeKB.com

Hi Stefi,

I tried that, but it did not work.

Stefi wrote:
Select those 6 columns by clicking on their column identifiers (letters above
the columns): click on the first, hold down and drag to the right until all
the 6 columns are highlighted, and proceed with Conditional formatting with
your conditions!

Regards,
Stefi

„sike11 via OfficeKB.com” ezt írta:

No, not the entire worksheet - only about 6 coloumns.

[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]

Mary.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
sike11 via OfficeKB.com

Hi Stefi,

Sorry...it worked great!!!! You are the bomb!!! I forgot to take out the $s.

Mary.