Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I enter a Formula for entire column?

I can't figure out how to set a Formula for an entire column. If I want
Column F to represent Column C plus Column D minus Column E, what do I enter?
(Not just for one row, the whole sheet)

Many thanks!

Gary
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Click on the F of column F's header
Type =C1+D1-C1
Press CTRL+ENTER
(If you press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER you will make an array formula; the results
will be the same but you will not be able to alter any single cell in the
column)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Gary" wrote in message
I can't figure out how to set a Formula for an entire column. If I want
Column F to represent Column C plus Column D minus Column E, what do I
enter?
(Not just for one row, the whole sheet)

Many thanks!

Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Wonder which one of us correctly read the OP's question!
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JLatham" <HelpFrom @ Jlathamsite.com.(removethis) wrote in message
In some cell in column F:

=SUM(C:C)+SUM(D:D)-SUM(E:E)

"Gary" wrote:

I can't figure out how to set a Formula for an entire column. If I want
Column F to represent Column C plus Column D minus Column E, what do I
enter?
(Not just for one row, the whole sheet)

Many thanks!

Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hopefully one of us did. Goes like that around here at times: one person
reads the question one way, someone else in another. Someone gets to be
right - and that's good for the OP.