Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default conditional format with 3 conditions

I have a cell that I can't get the conditional format to work the way I want.
I'm looking to have the cell check to see if the value that is entered into
the cell is the same as the sum of a couple of other cells. If it is, make
it green, if it isn't make it red. This I can get to work but there is a 3rd
option that I need to consider. If there is a value of "str." entered in F2
I want it to also make the color green. The cell I am putting the
conditional format on is D2.
Currently I have condition 1 cell value is equal to sum(g2:k2) (format color
green)
condition 2 cell value is not equal to sum(g2:k2) (format color red)

This only allows one or the other to be true. I need to add an or to it and
don't know how.
Thanks,
Marc Freshley
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

So, if F2 = "str", then D2 should be green regardless of the sum of g2:k2?
If that is correct, then try changing your Condition 1 to a Custom Formula,
and enter:

=OR(D2=SUM(G2:K2),F2="str")

HTH,
Elkar

"marc freshley" wrote:

I have a cell that I can't get the conditional format to work the way I want.
I'm looking to have the cell check to see if the value that is entered into
the cell is the same as the sum of a couple of other cells. If it is, make
it green, if it isn't make it red. This I can get to work but there is a 3rd
option that I need to consider. If there is a value of "str." entered in F2
I want it to also make the color green. The cell I am putting the
conditional format on is D2.
Currently I have condition 1 cell value is equal to sum(g2:k2) (format color
green)
condition 2 cell value is not equal to sum(g2:k2) (format color red)

This only allows one or the other to be true. I need to add an or to it and
don't know how.
Thanks,
Marc Freshley

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks,
that did the trick. I could have sworn I tried that and it wasn't working.
Must have had something wrong.
thanks again.

Marc