Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional formats using more than 3 conditions

Using Conditional formatting, I can only create up to three conditions. Can
I use formulas or VB code to exceed three conditions?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

'-----------------------------------------------------------------
'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Const WS_RANGE As String = "H1:H10"

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
Select Case .Value
Case 1: .Interior.ColorIndex = 3 'red
Case 2: .Interior.ColorIndex = 6 'yellow
Case 3: .Interior.ColorIndex = 5 'blue
Case 4: .Interior.ColorIndex = 10 'green
End Select
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Al_Doug" wrote in message
Using Conditional formatting, I can only create up to three conditions.

Can
I use formulas or VB code to exceed three conditions?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use conditional formatting to generate 3 *_formats_*.
Add that to the basic format setting on the cell, and it gives you a total
of 4.
With a VB event procedure you can have as many formats as you want.

But the number of *_conditions_* is another matter.
Imagine you want to turn the cell green if any one of 5 conditions are met.

You would do:
Formula is
=OR(condition1,condition2,condition3,condition4,co ndition5)

condition1 might be something like
B2="hello"

does that help?

--