Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Wrap text, in an Excel CELL, which is linked to another sheet.

Can I wrap text and autoexpand a cell that is linked to another excel sheet?
I can do it when not linked.
Di
Thank You
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes.

What happened when you tried?

What is in the cell that you are linked to on the other sheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 21:02:00 -0700, dls25
wrote:

Can I wrap text and autoexpand a cell that is linked to another excel sheet?
I can do it when not linked.
Di
Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I generate a report from ACCESS to excel. I have many columns, one is named
Comments, some times the comment is longer than what i have room (for in the
second sheet) . This is linked to a report that charts numbers and other
information.
It puts the comment in and wraps text, but will not auto expand. I need it
to auto expand.

wrote:

Can I wrap text and autoexpand a cell that is linked to another excel sheet?
I can do it when not linked.
Di
Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is the target cell/row set to Autofit?

Is the target cell a merged cell?

Merged cells will not Autofit without event code.

Gord

wrote:

Can I wrap text and autoexpand a cell that is linked to another excel sheet?
I can do it when not linked.
Di
Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Unfortunately the merged cells in the row seem to override the autofit for the
entire row.

Dump the merged cells and make life much easier and less stressful.

Or see this google thread.

http://tinyurl.com/2netq8

Gord