rohrbaught

Default Why doesn't text wrap in a cell in Excel?

I am typing text in a cell and want it to wrap. I checked "wrap text" box
however it still doesn't wrap and I can only see part of the text. When I
click on the cell the text is there, but I still can't view it if I'm not in
that specific cell.

P Sitaram

Move the mouse to the row number on the left and double-clik on the
bottom border. The row height will auto adjust.

rohrbaught

Sorry, I wasn't able to follow your instructions.

"P Sitaram" wrote:

Move the mouse to the row number on the left and double-clik on the
bottom border. The row height will auto adjust.

rohrbaught

Thanks for responding...I tried this and did not work.

"Amedee Van Gasse" wrote:

rohrbaught shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.misc:

I am typing text in a cell and want it to wrap. I checked "wrap
text" box however it still doesn't wrap and I can only see part of
the text. When I click on the cell the text is there, but I still
can't view it if I'm not in that specific cell.

Press ALT+Enter to insert new lines in the same cell.

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.3.1
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
How to Report Bugs Effectively
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no" as the
answer.
http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoyn...-with-yes-or-n
o-answers.html

Rivky

You also need to make sure your cell is set to wrap. Right click on
cell. Click format. Alignment tab. Check "Wrap Text"