Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 2007 Pivot tables

I have a report that has a column of numbers which contain a mixture of
positive and negative numbers. I'd like to use the pivot table to sometimes
exclude the postive numbers and sometimes to exclude the negative numbers,
but I can't figure out how to do that. I can sort and extract, but it would
be great if the pivot table could handle it.
All help is, as usual, greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Aug 4, 12:28 pm, Old Keith
wrote:
I have a report that has a column of numbers which contain a mixture of
positive and negative numbers. I'd like to use the pivot table to sometimes
exclude the postive numbers and sometimes to exclude the negative numbers,
but I can't figure out how to do that. I can sort and extract, but it would
be great if the pivot table could handle it.
All help is, as usual, greatly appreciated.

hi

you can segregate negative figures by using filter by creating
additional heading above to pivot table and this works well
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are the negative numbers in the source data or in the pivot table?
If they're in the source data, you could add another column to test for
numbers that are equal to or greater than zero. Then add this new column
to the pivot table, in the Report Filter area, and filter for True.

If the numbers are in the pivot table, you can use a Row label filter on
the grand total values for numbers that are equal to or greater than
zero. You can't filter the other columns in the Values area, by using a
Row label filter.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks AK and Debra. I'll try both suggestions. But wouldn't it be great if
in the "sum" box there was an option to exclude in a similar manner available
in other fields ? But Pivot 2007 is a much better version for me than Pivot
2003. Thanks again.