Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Linking a single number or text to a cell

Hello,

I have a single cell with several items in it (numbers and text). I would
like to link each of the items to a different cell on another sheet within
the same workbook. Is this possible? I have already tried hyperlink and
paste link, but they only work if you chose the whole cell not an item in the
cell.

Please help me!!!

Thank you,
Betsy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Betsy,

One possibility, use the "&" concatenate operator like this in
a cell in Sheet1

To get data from separate cells into 1 cell;

=Sheet2!G16&Sheet3!C8&Sheet4!D15
or if you want a space between each item
=Sheet2!G16&" "&Sheet3!C8&" "&Sheet4!D15

Or to spread data from 1 cell into separate cells;
with your data in Cell A1 like this 1248 Peter

to extract the 1248 put this in a cell in say Sheet 3
=LEFT(Sheet1!A1,FIND(" ",Sheet1!A1)-1)

to extract Peter put this in another cell in Sheet 3
=RIGHT(Sheet1!A1,LEN(Sheet1!A1)-FIND(" ",Sheet1!A1))

There are plenty of other possibilities depending
on your exact requirements.

HTH
Martin

"betsy" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a single cell with several items in it (numbers and text). I would
like to link each of the items to a different cell on another sheet within
the same workbook. Is this possible? I have already tried hyperlink and
paste link, but they only work if you chose the whole cell not an item in
the
cell.

Please help me!!!

Thank you,
Betsy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No Betsy, I misunderstood your original post.
As far as I know a hyperlink can only be attached to an entire cell.
Maybe try in the programming newsgroup and see
if someone has a little VBA magic that can help you.

HTH
Martin