toad32

Default single text cells combines in new text cell

I have searched and searched for what I believe is really simple
formula, but either I dont know what to search for or what I want to do
is so elementary it should just be know. Anyway here is what I need to
do.

a1=tom
a2=smith
a3="that car belongs to ";a1;a2

I need this to be universal so the formula works on column 3 of any row
and will give me the result for that row.

Anybody have a link or suggestion

Carter

--
toad32
toad32's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24090

Dave Peterson

And just to add to J.E.'s response...

If you have dates or times or money that needs to be formatted:

="that car belongs to " & A1 & " " & A2 & " and cost " & text(a3,"$#,##0.00")
& " when they bought it on: " & text(a4,"mm/dd/yyyy") & "."