wjs2002

Default city, state, zip from a single cell to multiple cells

I have been given a spreadsheet with city, state and zip all in the same
cell. Is there a way to split the city, state and zip into three seperate
cells? I have a large data base and do not want to do each one at a time.
CLR

Don has given you a good way with the "TextToColumns" feature, and if it
works with your data, it's the best way.........but, it don't always work
with every data instance.........if your data requires, the separation might
also be done with formulas..........but we would need a representative
sample of a few lines of data to decipher your specific formatting.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"wjs2002" wrote in message
I have been given a spreadsheet with city, state and zip all in the same
cell. Is there a way to split the city, state and zip into three seperate
cells? I have a large data base and do not want to do each one at a time.

Karl Burrows

Looks like we are doing someone's homework. This is the second post with
the exact same question. :)