Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MartinW MartinW is offline

Default Linking a single number or text to a cell

Hi Betsy,

One possibility, use the "&" concatenate operator like this in
a cell in Sheet1

To get data from separate cells into 1 cell;

=Sheet2!G16&Sheet3!C8&Sheet4!D15
or if you want a space between each item
=Sheet2!G16&" "&Sheet3!C8&" "&Sheet4!D15

Or to spread data from 1 cell into separate cells;
with your data in Cell A1 like this 1248 Peter

to extract the 1248 put this in a cell in say Sheet 3
=LEFT(Sheet1!A1,FIND(" ",Sheet1!A1)-1)

to extract Peter put this in another cell in Sheet 3
=RIGHT(Sheet1!A1,LEN(Sheet1!A1)-FIND(" ",Sheet1!A1))

There are plenty of other possibilities depending
on your exact requirements.

HTH
Martin

"betsy" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a single cell with several items in it (numbers and text). I would
like to link each of the items to a different cell on another sheet within
the same workbook. Is this possible? I have already tried hyperlink and
paste link, but they only work if you chose the whole cell not an item in
the
cell.

Please help me!!!

Thank you,