Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default conditional formatting problem

This has me completely stumped!

Why doesn't this conditional formatting get applied?

Screencap:

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8...problembt4.jpg

The formula is correct. I've put the same formula in column O (adjusted for
the column offset) and as you can see, evaluates to TRUE.

That highlighted 23 is also conditionally formatted. Just a test to make
sure that *any* CF is working.

Thanks
Biff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

P.S.

I know this can be done with different formulas. Please don't offer other
formulas. I want to know why *this* formula isn't working!

Thank you
Biff

"T. Valko" wrote in message
This has me completely stumped!

Why doesn't this conditional formatting get applied?

Screencap:

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8...problembt4.jpg

The formula is correct. I've put the same formula in column O (adjusted
for the column offset) and as you can see, evaluates to TRUE.

That highlighted 23 is also conditionally formatted. Just a test to make
sure that *any* CF is working.

Thanks
Biff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff,
Won't the INDIRECT part produce a circular reference (or have I
completely misunderstood how the CF is applied.... not for the first
time!!!). If so, it won't work.

"T. Valko" wrote in message
This has me completely stumped!

Why doesn't this conditional formatting get applied?

Screencap:

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8...problembt4.jpg

The formula is correct. I've put the same formula in column O (adjusted
for the column offset) and as you can see, evaluates to TRUE.

That highlighted 23 is also conditionally formatted. Just a test to make
sure that *any* CF is working.

Thanks
Biff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff,

When I enter numbers into the Address function, it works, but doesn't when I
use ROW() and/or COLUMN().

Perhaps it is too nested for CF.

Bernie

"T. Valko" wrote in message
This has me completely stumped!

Why doesn't this conditional formatting get applied?

Screencap:

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8...problembt4.jpg

The formula is correct. I've put the same formula in column O (adjusted
for the column offset) and as you can see, evaluates to TRUE.

That highlighted 23 is also conditionally formatted. Just a test to make
sure that *any* CF is working.

Thanks
Biff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No, not when used if CF. If it were a cell formula then yes, it would be a
circular reference.

I tried this last night and it worked! The same formula less the COUNT
portion. I did this in a reply to a post in the .misc group.

Biff

"T. Valko" wrote in message
This has me completely stumped!

Why doesn't this conditional formatting get applied?

Screencap:

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8...problembt4.jpg

The formula is correct. I've put the same formula in column O (adjusted
for the column offset) and as you can see, evaluates to TRUE.

That highlighted 23 is also conditionally formatted. Just a test to
make
sure that *any* CF is working.

Thanks
Biff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well, I'm making progress!

If I remove the AND(COUNT(......) it works.

=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN()))=MIN(N$7,N$19,N$ 31)

Screencap:

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/6...roblemafj9.jpg

As you can see it does work with empty row/column arguments.

Here's the post from last night:

http://tinyurl.com/ysdmax

I've used much more complex formulas in CF than these!

I hate not knowing what's causing this to not work.

Biff

"T. Valko" wrote in message
This has me completely stumped!

Why doesn't this conditional formatting get applied?

Screencap:

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8...problembt4.jpg

The formula is correct. I've put the same formula in column O (adjusted
for the column offset) and as you can see, evaluates to TRUE.

That highlighted 23 is also conditionally formatted. Just a test to make
sure that *any* CF is working.

Thanks
Biff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Interesting, both these works

=(COUNT(N$31,N$43,N$55)0)*(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW() ,COLUMN()))=MIN(N$7,N$19,N$31))=1

=AND(COUNT(N$7,N$19,N$31)0,(INDIRECT(INDEX(ADDRES S(ROW(),COLUMN()),1,1))=MIN(N$7,N$19,N$31)))

Maybe Harlan can shred some light on this?

Peo Sjoblom

"T. Valko" wrote in message
This has me completely stumped!

Why doesn't this conditional formatting get applied?

Screencap:

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8...problembt4.jpg

The formula is correct. I've put the same formula in column O (adjusted
for the column offset) and as you can see, evaluates to TRUE.

That highlighted 23 is also conditionally formatted. Just a test to make
sure that *any* CF is working.

Thanks
Biff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff,
It doesn't work if you just wrap it in an AND statement, although I
can see no reason why it shouldn't..

=IF(AND(A1=123),"T","F") works as a normal formula

=AND(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN()))=MIN(N$7,N$1 9,N$31)) doesn't work in CF

.....?????

"T. Valko" wrote in message
This has me completely stumped!

Why doesn't this conditional formatting get applied?

Screencap:

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8...problembt4.jpg

The formula is correct. I've put the same formula in column O (adjusted
for the column offset) and as you can see, evaluates to TRUE.

That highlighted 23 is also conditionally formatted. Just a test to make
sure that *any* CF is working.

Thanks
Biff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It doesn't work if you just wrap it in an AND statement,
although I can see no reason why it shouldn't..

Yeah, that's where I'm at!

I can see no reason why it shouldn't work.

Biff

"Toppers" wrote in message
Biff,
It doesn't work if you just wrap it in an AND statement, although
can see no reason why it shouldn't..

=IF(AND(A1=123),"T","F") works as a normal formula

=AND(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN()))=MIN(N$7,N$1 9,N$31)) doesn't work in
CF

....?????

"T. Valko" wrote in message
This has me completely stumped!

Why doesn't this conditional formatting get applied?

Screencap:

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8...problembt4.jpg

The formula is correct. I've put the same formula in column O
(adjusted
for the column offset) and as you can see, evaluates to TRUE.

That highlighted 23 is also conditionally formatted. Just a test to
make
sure that *any* CF is working.

Thanks
Biff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi there

ive tried these on CF at cell N7

=COUNT($N$7,$N$19,$N$31)*(N7=MIN($N$7,$N$19,$N$31) )

=AND(COUNT($N$7,$N$19,$N$31)0,(N7=MIN($N$7,$N$19, $N$31)))

i also like to know why your formula dont work with both indirect and count
function inside an *and*...

regards,
driller
--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..

"T. Valko" wrote in message
This has me completely stumped!

Why doesn't this conditional formatting get applied?

Screencap:

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8...problembt4.jpg

The formula is correct. I've put the same formula in column O
(adjusted
for the column offset) and as you can see, evaluates to TRUE.

That highlighted 23 is also conditionally formatted. Just a test to
make
sure that *any* CF is working.

Thanks
Biff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There are better formulas to use for this but this is part of the learning
process.

The formula I tried isn't the best formula for this but I was experimenting.
That formula is both logically and syntactically correct but it doesn't
work. I would just like to know why!

Biff