Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default conditional formatting problem

Biff,
Won't the INDIRECT part produce a circular reference (or have I
completely misunderstood how the CF is applied.... not for the first
time!!!). If so, it won't work.

"T. Valko" wrote:

P.S.

I know this can be done with different formulas. Please don't offer other
formulas. I want to know why *this* formula isn't working!

Thank you
Biff

"T. Valko" wrote in message
This has me completely stumped!

Why doesn't this conditional formatting get applied?

Screencap:

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8...problembt4.jpg

The formula is correct. I've put the same formula in column O (adjusted
for the column offset) and as you can see, evaluates to TRUE.

That highlighted 23 is also conditionally formatted. Just a test to make
sure that *any* CF is working.

Thanks
Biff