TxAg

Default Conditional Formatting Problem

Below is an example spreadsheet that Im dealing with. I have a column with
Standards (more on that later), but I have my results in three possible
formats

Standard Result 1 Result 2 Result 3
0.01 0.123 0.123J <0.123
1.0 0.123 0.123J <0.123

First, I want to create a conditional format that will BOLD only the cells
that have just numbers in them (i.e. 0.123), and leave the other two types
alone.

Second, I will be comparing the cells with only numbers in them (i.e. Result
1) to the Standard and highlighting only those values that are greater to or
equal to the Standard. In the example above, the upper Result 1 value would
not be highlighted while the lower Result 1 value would be.

Any ideas?
Earl Kiosterud

TxAg,

For the first requirement, select the three Result columns. Format -
Conditional formatting - Formula is:

=ISNUMBER(B2)

This presumes the active (white) cell of your selection is B2. Change as
necessary. Usually row 1 has headings.

For the second requirement, you don't say what you mean by "highlight," or
how that relates to the first requirement. If you want cells that contain
only a number (as with the first requirement), and also are greater than the
corresponding cell in column A, the conditional formatting formula is:

=AND(ISNUMBER(B2), B2=$A2)

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com