Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default conditional formatting problem

Well, I'm making progress!

If I remove the AND(COUNT(......) it works.

=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN()))=MIN(N$7,N$19,N$ 31)

Screencap:

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/6...roblemafj9.jpg

As you can see it does work with empty row/column arguments.

Here's the post from last night:

http://tinyurl.com/ysdmax

I've used much more complex formulas in CF than these!

I hate not knowing what's causing this to not work.

Biff

"Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org wrote in message
Biff,

When I enter numbers into the Address function, it works, but doesn't when
I use ROW() and/or COLUMN().

Perhaps it is too nested for CF.

Bernie

"T. Valko" wrote in message
This has me completely stumped!

Why doesn't this conditional formatting get applied?

Screencap:

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8...problembt4.jpg

The formula is correct. I've put the same formula in column O (adjusted
for the column offset) and as you can see, evaluates to TRUE.

That highlighted 23 is also conditionally formatted. Just a test to make
sure that *any* CF is working.

Thanks
Biff