Junior Member

Default Refering a cell

Dear all Excel Gurus,

Suppose I want to access the value of cell a30. Therefore in formula bar I should write: "=$a$30".

Now suppose this '30' comes from other calculation like : "=count(B1:B30)

Is there is procedure to directly write "=count(B1:B30)" instead the value 30 like:

"=$a$count(B1:B30)"?

I tried with this syntax but got error. I am looking for an alternative of that.

If anyone give me any suggestion it would be very helpful for me.

Thanks,
Arun
Hyderabad, INDIA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions