Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Refering to Cells

I would like to know if there's a command and/or keyboard shortcut that
when you use it on a selected cell, it would tell you which
formulas/cells refer to the selected cell. I was also wondering if
there was a keyboard command that lets you change the sheet your
looking at within the same book?

--Thanks ahead of time!

--
madh83
madh83's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36515

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

to see the formula in a cell press F2.....to move between the sheets
CTRL+PAGE UP or CTRL+PAGE DOWN.
"madh83" wrote in
message ...

I would like to know if there's a command and/or keyboard shortcut that
when you use it on a selected cell, it would tell you which
formulas/cells refer to the selected cell. I was also wondering if
there was a keyboard command that lets you change the sheet your
looking at within the same book?

--Thanks ahead of time!

--
madh83
madh83's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=562718

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I was actually trying to do the opposite of that, hopefully that makes
sense to you. What I meant was if you wanted to know which parts of
your workbook used the cell your currently looking at what command
would you use? Like say I have the number 2 in cell A1. Somewhere else
in the sheet I have A1*2. I would like to know where the cell that has
A1*2 is.

--
madh83
madh83's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36515
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=562718

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am using Excel 2000 and I just tried this:
Tools-Auditing-Trace Dependents

I noticed that the arrows it draws does not update automatically (I added
another formula, but until I repeated the steps, the arrow pointing to the
newly created formula referencing the cell did not appear.

Also, I have read about this and from what I recall, you won't be able to
see dependents on sheets other than the one you are on (which makes sense to
me.)

HTH.
--
Kevin Vaughn