Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default autofill with one part of the formula refering to a constant cell

how do I use autofill if part of the formula refers to one cell and all other
other calculations down the row refer to that same cell? eg
Cell D1 is =C1/C10*100
Cell D2 is =C2/C10*100
Cell D3 is =C3/C10*100
--
old grey whiskers
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Enter this in D1 and just copy down:

=C1/C$10*100

The $ "locks" the row number.

Likewise, if you were to drag copy across:

=C1/$C10*100

The $ "locks" the column letter.

You can "mix and match" in any combination depending on your needs.

Biff

"old grey whiskers" wrote in
message ...
how do I use autofill if part of the formula refers to one cell and all
other
other calculations down the row refer to that same cell? eg
Cell D1 is =C1/C10*100
Cell D2 is =C2/C10*100
Cell D3 is =C3/C10*100
--