Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default excel 2007 formulas

in the fx window I do a calculation and the formula shows in cell. If I
hilight the formula in the fx window and press (f9) the result shows in cell.
If i go back to the cell the formula no longer show in the fx window. I
can't find how to show the formula in the fx window as it did in 2003. can
anyone help. Thansk
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

After pressing F9 you should have pressed ESC. Now you will need to re-enter
the formula since you have made it a value.
Why not use the Formula Evaluation tool for this purpose?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Anvil22" wrote in message
in the fx window I do a calculation and the formula shows in cell. If I
hilight the formula in the fx window and press (f9) the result shows in
cell.
If i go back to the cell the formula no longer show in the fx window. I
can't find how to show the formula in the fx window as it did in 2003. can
anyone help. Thansk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Bernard,
I tried the ESC, with no luck. The results stay in the fx window. The
formula evaluation tool returns "the cell being evaluated contains a
constant", the display is the formula result.
Thank you
Dick

"Anvil22" wrote in message
in the fx window I do a calculation and the formula shows in cell. If I
hilight the formula in the fx window and press (f9) the result shows in
cell.
If i go back to the cell the formula no longer show in the fx window. I
can't find how to show the formula in the fx window as it did in 2003. can
anyone help. Thansk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Dick,

First re-enter the formula, as Bernard says. It's too late now to get it back via ESC

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Anvil22" wrote in message ...
| Hi Bernard,
| I tried the ESC, with no luck. The results stay in the fx window. The
| formula evaluation tool returns "the cell being evaluated contains a
| constant", the display is the formula result.
| Thank you
| Dick
|
| "Bernard Liengme" wrote:
|
| After pressing F9 you should have pressed ESC. Now you will need to re-enter
| the formula since you have made it a value.
| Why not use the Formula Evaluation tool for this purpose?
| best wishes
| --
| Bernard V Liengme
| www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
| remove caps from email
|
| "Anvil22" wrote in message
| in the fx window I do a calculation and the formula shows in cell. If I
| hilight the formula in the fx window and press (f9) the result shows in
| cell.
| If i go back to the cell the formula no longer show in the fx window. I
| can't find how to show the formula in the fx window as it did in 2003. can
| anyone help. Thansk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Niek,
That worked. But in 2007 isn't there a way to keep the formula in the fx
window when you hilight the cell containing the results as it did on 2003.

All the best,
Dick

"Anvil22" wrote in message ...
| Hi Bernard,
| I tried the ESC, with no luck. The results stay in the fx window. The
| formula evaluation tool returns "the cell being evaluated contains a
| constant", the display is the formula result.
| Thank you
| Dick
|
| "Bernard Liengme" wrote:
|
| After pressing F9 you should have pressed ESC. Now you will need to re-enter
| the formula since you have made it a value.
| Why not use the Formula Evaluation tool for this purpose?
| best wishes
| --
| Bernard V Liengme
| www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
| remove caps from email
|
| "Anvil22" wrote in message
| in the fx window I do a calculation and the formula shows in cell. If I
| hilight the formula in the fx window and press (f9) the result shows in
| cell.
| If i go back to the cell the formula no longer show in the fx window. I
| can't find how to show the formula in the fx window as it did in 2003. can
| anyone help. Thansk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On my install of 2007, the formula bar works just the same as it does in 2003.

Do you have "Show Formula Bar" unchecked in the Display options? Click on
the Office button, go to Excel Options, select Advanced, and scroll down to
Display

"Anvil22" wrote in message ...
| Hi Bernard,
| I tried the ESC, with no luck. The results stay in the fx window. The
| formula evaluation tool returns "the cell being evaluated contains a
| constant", the display is the formula result.
| Thank you
| Dick
|
| "Bernard Liengme" wrote:
|
| After pressing F9 you should have pressed ESC. Now you will need to re-enter
| the formula since you have made it a value.
| Why not use the Formula Evaluation tool for this purpose?
| best wishes
| --
| Bernard V Liengme
| www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
| remove caps from email
|
| "Anvil22" wrote in message
| in the fx window I do a calculation and the formula shows in cell. If I
| hilight the formula in the fx window and press (f9) the result shows in
| cell.
| If i go back to the cell the formula no longer show in the fx window. I
| can't find how to show the formula in the fx window as it did in 2003. can
| anyone help. Thansk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Duke,
That worked like a charm. I reeintere the formulas and they now show when I
return to the cell.

All the best,

Dick