Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Trouble opening large size Excel file 155Mb in Excel 2007

I am experiencing errors when opening a large Excel model in the new beta
version of Excel 2007
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have a legal copy of the Beta you should be aware of the sites that are meant to report problems.
I can imagine the developers would be glad to receive somewhat more specific descriptions of your problem than "experiencing
errors"

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"pl2c" wrote in message ...
|I am experiencing errors when opening a large Excel model in the new beta
| version of Excel 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Niek,

The exact message is: "File Error: Data may have been lost" and this message
appears 5 seconds into opening the file. Then Excel continues opening and the
file appears eventually. I do not know which data is lost by the way. I also
have seen other problems (all hyperlinks that are placed on buttons; used to
navigate from one page to the other or from one section to another; all these
links have become uneditable images that cannot be erased or moved).
Evidently I do have a legal copy of the Beta but finding how to reach anyone
at Microsoft is way too time consuming for me and of a complexity that only
Kafka could have imagined.

Best regards

Paul Lafortune
pl2c loyalty