Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Copied hyperlink not working

Hi,

I am creating a worsheet based on data from other worksheets. Some cells in
the original worksheet have hyperlinks.

when these cells are displayed in the new worksheet, they are no longer
'live' links. is there a way of keeping the links active in the new worksheet?

your help would be greatly appreciated.
--
Thanks... Jinx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

1. Select the cell
2 Touch F2
3 Touch ENTER
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200717

"jinx" wrote:

Hi,

I am creating a worsheet based on data from other worksheets. Some cells in
the original worksheet have hyperlinks.

when these cells are displayed in the new worksheet, they are no longer
'live' links. is there a way of keeping the links active in the new worksheet?

your help would be greatly appreciated.
--
Thanks... Jinx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

thanks for this, but it doesn't seem to do the trick.

I need the cells in the new worksheet to automatically have the hyperlink
from the old worksheet active.

I can copy the contents of the field, but the new field is no longer and
active link... I guess I may need an UDF or something, but can't find any
answers.

yours, hopefully Jinx
--
Thanks... Jinx

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

1. Select the cell
2 Touch F2
3 Touch ENTER
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200717

"jinx" wrote:

Hi,

I am creating a worsheet based on data from other worksheets. Some cells in
the original worksheet have hyperlinks.

when these cells are displayed in the new worksheet, they are no longer
'live' links. is there a way of keeping the links active in the new worksheet?

your help would be greatly appreciated.
--
Thanks... Jinx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perhaps its related to how you are copy/pasting:

I opened two workbooks, Book1.xls and Book2.xls
I selected a cell in Book1 and entered:

http://www.cnn.com

I then copied the cell with CNTRL-C, selected a cell in Book2, and then
pasted with CNTRL-V

The hypelink pasted in as active. Try this method.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200717

"jinx" wrote:

thanks for this, but it doesn't seem to do the trick.

I need the cells in the new worksheet to automatically have the hyperlink
from the old worksheet active.

I can copy the contents of the field, but the new field is no longer and
active link... I guess I may need an UDF or something, but can't find any
answers.

yours, hopefully Jinx
--
Thanks... Jinx

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

1. Select the cell
2 Touch F2
3 Touch ENTER
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200717

"jinx" wrote:

Hi,

I am creating a worsheet based on data from other worksheets. Some cells in
the original worksheet have hyperlinks.

when these cells are displayed in the new worksheet, they are no longer
'live' links. is there a way of keeping the links active in the new worksheet?

your help would be greatly appreciated.
--
Thanks... Jinx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

thanks Gary... it does work when I cut and paste, but I'm referencing cells
by formulae... even if I do a simple '=A1' , it makes the link inactive.

I'm sure I'm being a bit dum, as there doesn't seem to be any other
questions about this, I appreciate your help.

--
Thanks... Jinx