Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default User Defined Function

I have created a user defined function and I need to know how to get it to
update automatically or is this not possible. I have some fixed values for
the input variables and it's pulling data from other sheets that update from
time to time. Do I need to change the input variables each time to get it
to update?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Of course, you should have posted your code for comments. Put this line as
the FIRST line in your function.

application.volatile

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
I have created a user defined function and I need to know how to get it to
update automatically or is this not possible. I have some fixed values
for
the input variables and it's pulling data from other sheets that update
from
time to time. Do I need to change the input variables each time to get
it
to update?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It should update like any other macro. Iff you change the function then you
have to go back to the worksheet and change the cell before tthe changes
occur. Usually I clcik the cell with the function. I then click on the f(x)
box at top of worksheet and press enter on the keyboard. This will update
the cell and cause the function to recalculate the cell.

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

I have created a user defined function and I need to know how to get it to
update automatically or is this not possible. I have some fixed values for
the input variables and it's pulling data from other sheets that update from
time to time. Do I need to change the input variables each time to get it
to update?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Barb -

You may be able to avoid using application.volatile if your function has an
argument that refers to those cells that are changing.

- Mike
http://www.mikemiddleton.com