linzhang426

Default User defined function

I wonder if there is any way for me to write an user defined function so
that everytime I open a new Excel spread sheet I can use it. Something
like internal function.

--
linzhang426
linzhang426's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27932

JMB

if you put your UDF's in the personal macro workbook, I believe you will need
to precede the function name with the workbook name (personal.xls).

=Personal.xls!FunctionName(arg1,arg2,etc)

"linzhang426" wrote:

I wonder if there is any way for me to write an user defined function so
that everytime I open a new Excel spread sheet I can use it. Something
like internal function.

--
linzhang426
linzhang426's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27932
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=474292

Bernie Deitrick

Put your code into a module in a new workbook, "Save As" the workbook as an
add-in, hide the workbook (Window / Hide), and then use Tools / Add ins...
and set the workbook as an add-in. Then you can use the UDF without
preceeding the UDF name with the name of the workbook, like personal.xls....

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"linzhang426"
wrote in message

I wonder if there is any way for me to write an user defined function so
that everytime I open a new Excel spread sheet I can use it. Something
like internal function.

--
linzhang426
linzhang426's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=474292

linzhang426

Thanks a lot for your help for my UDF question, Gents. I will give a try
to see if it works. I am sure it will though.