Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default EDate function + #NAME? error

Hi all,

I have a user with Excel 2000 experiencing a problem with her EDATE
function. Presently, she has her formula set to EDATE(+D12(J12*12)). Her
cells are formated with a custom date format. She does have the add-in
installed. She only seems to get the #NAME? error at the beginning of a new
year. She used to have her calculations on automatic, but for now they are on
manual. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Lina

If you had a look at EDATE in Excel help you would see that the Analysis Toolpak
add-in must be loaded through ToolsAdd-ins.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:16:13 -0800, Lina wrote:

Hi all,

I have a user with Excel 2000 experiencing a problem with her EDATE
function. Presently, she has her formula set to EDATE(+D12(J12*12)). Her
cells are formated with a custom date format. She does have the add-in
installed. She only seems to get the #NAME? error at the beginning of a new
year. She used to have her calculations on automatic, but for now they are on
manual. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

EDATE(+D12(J12*12))

Your formula returns a #REF! error!

Did you mean:

=EDATE(D12,J12*12)

Biff

wrote:

Hi all,

I have a user with Excel 2000 experiencing a problem with her EDATE
function. Presently, she has her formula set to EDATE(+D12(J12*12)). Her
cells are formated with a custom date format. She does have the add-in
installed. She only seems to get the #NAME? error at the beginning of a
new
year. She used to have her calculations on automatic, but for now they are
on
manual. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Gord,

With all due respect To an MS Excel MVP, I mentioned that already! "She does
have the add-in installed".

Lina

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Lina

If you had a look at EDATE in Excel help you would see that the Analysis Toolpak
add-in must be loaded through ToolsAdd-ins.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:16:13 -0800, Lina wrote:

Hi all,

I have a user with Excel 2000 experiencing a problem with her EDATE
function. Presently, she has her formula set to EDATE(+D12(J12*12)). Her
cells are formated with a custom date format. She does have the add-in
installed. She only seems to get the #NAME? error at the beginning of a new
year. She used to have her calculations on automatic, but for now they are on
manual. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Lina

Upon re-read of your original post I now see you did mention that.

Too much hurry or too little eyesight.

Apologies.

Gord

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Lina

If you had a look at EDATE in Excel help you would see that the Analysis Toolpak
add-in must be loaded through ToolsAdd-ins.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:16:13 -0800, Lina wrote:

Hi all,

I have a user with Excel 2000 experiencing a problem with her EDATE
function. Presently, she has her formula set to EDATE(+D12(J12*12)). Her
cells are formated with a custom date format. She does have the add-in
installed. She only seems to get the #NAME? error at the beginning of a new
year. She used to have her calculations on automatic, but for now they are on
manual. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

wrote:

Hi all,

I have a user with Excel 2000 experiencing a problem with her EDATE
function. Presently, she has her formula set to EDATE(+D12(J12*12)). Her
cells are formated with a custom date format. She does have the add-in
installed. She only seems to get the #NAME? error at the beginning of a new
year. She used to have her calculations on automatic, but for now they are on
manual. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

The first problem is that the formula is not in a valid syntax. Assuming D12
is a cell reference, I don't believe a cell reference can be followed by an
"(". +D12, or D12, are not valid NAME's.

So I think the first step would be to correct the syntax.

--ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 05:53:08 -0800, Lina
wrote:

Yipe...this Excel stuff is beyond me! How come it works fine for every other
month except Feb.?

As you have copied the formula here, it is not clear to me why it works at all!

Did you actually do a COPY/PASTE from her worksheet to your newsgroup message?
If you did, then I don't know how it works at all. If you did not, then please
correct the transcription error.
--ron