Zimbob79

Default #NAME? error using EDATE

Hi All,

I have a situation where I upgraded a computer from Win98 to WinXP and now
Excel 2000 files using EDATE for amortization schedule generates #NAME?
error. For example: =EDATE(B14,1) generates #NAME? error where cell B14 has
any date in it. This used to work before, but now doesn't work on other
computers with Windows XP Pro and Excel 2000 either. Any ideas on how to
solve this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

John Zimmermann
Bernard Liengme

EDATE is in AnalysisPac. You need to install it (when installing Excel) and
load it with Tools | Addins
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Zimbob79" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have a situation where I upgraded a computer from Win98 to WinXP and now
Excel 2000 files using EDATE for amortization schedule generates #NAME?
error. For example: =EDATE(B14,1) generates #NAME? error where cell B14
has
any date in it. This used to work before, but now doesn't work on other
computers with Windows XP Pro and Excel 2000 either. Any ideas on how to
solve this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

John Zimmermann

Jason Morin

You need to have the Analysis ToolPak installed. Go to
Tools Add-Ins. Once installed, press F9.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

.