Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SharonP.

Default Edate function Name error

Hi, hoping someone can help. I'm using an edate function =EDATE(AdjData!O4,
E47) and am getting the Name error. I do have the Analysis toolpak enabled.
If I uncheck the toolpak and check it again - the date appears fine. the
problem is that this doesn't stick and I have to do it each time I open my
workbook that uses this formula. Does anyone know of an alternative
function? Is there an explanation for why this doesn't stick?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Hi!

Here's an alternative to Edate:

A1 = starting date
B1 = number of months (either negative or positive)

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+B1,DAY(A1))

Biff