Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default adding a new sheet to a formulated workbook

If I add a new sheet that is formatted just like the other sheets in the
workbook will my totals formula add the new sheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Depends on what your formulas are.

This may help (or not):

Insert a couple of worksheets to surround your existing worksheets.

Call the one at the far Left, "Start" (w/o the quotes).
Call the one at the far right, "End" (w/o the quotes).

Then put the total sheet outside that "sandwich" of worksheets.

And use a formula like:
=sum(Start:End!g9)

You can drag sheets in and out of that sandwich to play what-if games.

And you can insert new sheets within that sandwich, too.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Only if it is included in the range of sheets to be totalled in your 3D formula.

Best method for this is to insert a dummy sheet at beginning and name it Start

Insert one at end and name it End

3D reference will be =SUM(Start:End!cellref)

Any new sheets inserted between Start and End sheets will be included in your 3D
reference.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP