Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Multiple Number Ranges Results in Text ('A' if 1-5, 'B' if 6-8, et

Ex. A2 is a bunch of numbers that have been conditionally formatted to show
up as green if between 30 and 34, yellow if between 35 and 45 and red if 46
and over.

However, I need B2 to display the word 'green', 'yellow' or 'red' depending
on the number range in A2.

Intuitively? Easy. In reality? I'm completely stumped :-P

Help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way:

=IF(A2<30,"",IF(A2<35,"green",IF(A2<=45,"yellow"," red")))

In article ,
MS Questionnairess
wrote:

Ex. A2 is a bunch of numbers that have been conditionally formatted to show
up as green if between 30 and 34, yellow if between 35 and 45 and red if 46
and over.

However, I need B2 to display the word 'green', 'yellow' or 'red' depending
on the number range in A2.

Intuitively? Easy. In reality? I'm completely stumped :-P

Help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(A2<30,"",IF(A2<35,"Green",IF(A2<46,"Blue","Red ")))

--
---
HTH

Bob

"MS Questionnairess" wrote in
message ...
Ex. A2 is a bunch of numbers that have been conditionally formatted to
show
up as green if between 30 and 34, yellow if between 35 and 45 and red if
46
and over.

However, I need B2 to display the word 'green', 'yellow' or 'red'
depending
on the number range in A2.

Intuitively? Easy. In reality? I'm completely stumped :-P

Help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You had a number of conditions for which your required result was undefined
in your question, but what about
=IF(A2=46,"Red",IF(A2=35,"Yellow",IF(A2=30,"Gre en",""))) ?
--
David Biddulph

"MS Questionnairess" wrote in
message ...
Ex. A2 is a bunch of numbers that have been conditionally formatted to
show
up as green if between 30 and 34, yellow if between 35 and 45 and red if
46
and over.

However, I need B2 to display the word 'green', 'yellow' or 'red'
depending
on the number range in A2.

Intuitively? Easy. In reality? I'm completely stumped :-P

Help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Multiple Number Ranges Results in Text ('A' if 1-5, 'B' if 6-8

It's the darndest thing... .

It *mostly* works... but a couple of the number values in column 'A' don't
seem to correspond correctly.

So that in one case, I have my lovely yellow '36' in column 'A', appearing
in column 'B' as 'Red' (in one case), 'Yellow' (in another case) and 'Green'
(in another case).

It's really bizarre.

'Green' should be like 30<'Green'35
'Yellow' should be like 36<'Yellow'45
'Red' should be like 'Red'46

I'm excited by getting this far but now doubley-stumped as to why it isn't
*quite* working.

But, Bob, you got me farther than I ever got with my torturous ponderings so
I thank you very much for getting me this far :-)

Any idea how I can just. Get. A. Little. Farther?

Much obliged!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=IF(A2<30,"",IF(A2<35,"Green",IF(A2<46,"Blue","Red ")))

--
---
HTH

Bob

"MS Questionnairess" wrote in
message ...
Ex. A2 is a bunch of numbers that have been conditionally formatted to
show
up as green if between 30 and 34, yellow if between 35 and 45 and red if
46
and over.

However, I need B2 to display the word 'green', 'yellow' or 'red'
depending
on the number range in A2.

Intuitively? Easy. In reality? I'm completely stumped :-P

Help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Darned if I'm having the same problems with mismatched colours and the alert
text as mentioned above.

A2:A1000 is derived from another forumla: =DATEDIF(A3,$C$1, "d") [which ever
date I submit as the date of the report - Date Received of Document]

Could this be screwing up the forumlas? Or am I just cursed by the Excel
gods? <-- entirely possible as our tech guys are convinced I can
single-handedly bring down the entire internet with one press of a button :-)

"David Biddulph" wrote:

You had a number of conditions for which your required result was undefined
in your question, but what about
=IF(A2=46,"Red",IF(A2=35,"Yellow",IF(A2=30,"Gre en",""))) ?
--
David Biddulph

"MS Questionnairess" wrote in
message ...
Ex. A2 is a bunch of numbers that have been conditionally formatted to
show
up as green if between 30 and 34, yellow if between 35 and 45 and red if
46
and over.

However, I need B2 to display the word 'green', 'yellow' or 'red'
depending
on the number range in A2.

Intuitively? Easy. In reality? I'm completely stumped :-P

Help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"MS Questionnairess" skrev i
en meddelelse ...
Ex. A2 is a bunch of numbers that have been conditionally formatted to
show
up as green if between 30 and 34, yellow if between 35 and 45 and red if
46
and over.

However, I need B2 to display the word 'green', 'yellow' or 'red'
depending
on the number range in A2.

Intuitively? Easy. In reality? I'm completely stumped :-P

Help?

Here's one more way to do it.

In B2:

=INDEX({"No color","Green","Yellow","Red"},SUM((A2={46,35,30, 0})+0))

--
Best regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am a *complete* moron.

I figured out why things were just. A. Bit. Off.

I am terribly embarrassed to say, but... um... The formulas given had 'A2'
and, in fact, they should have had 'A3'. So every answer was off one cell.

I am ashamed and embarrassed and highly grateful for all the help people
have offered. All the formulas work intelligently except I, apparently, don't
:-}

This is great, though! I have a couple of people who are really interested
in how I'm going to come up with this solution so I'll pass on these
wonderous formulas to them, too.

Many, *many* thanks and I'd use 'it's Monday, after all' as a lame excuse?

"MS Questionnairess" wrote:

Ex. A2 is a bunch of numbers that have been conditionally formatted to show
up as green if between 30 and 34, yellow if between 35 and 45 and red if 46
and over.

However, I need B2 to display the word 'green', 'yellow' or 'red' depending
on the number range in A2.

Intuitively? Easy. In reality? I'm completely stumped :-P

Help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"MS Questionnairess" wrote:

[...]

You're welcome and please, don't go to pieces :-) We all make mistakes.

Leo Heuser