fins2r

Default Justify text across multiple columns

I have used Edit, Fill, Justify to fill rows with text within the boundaries
of a set number of columns, but the text in each row is left justified. How
do I justify the text (even spacing) in each row. If I highlight all of the
text (multiple columns and rows) and then select Format, Cells, Alignment,
Justify; Excel jams all the text into the first column. I know I could use a
text box, but I'd prefer not to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
-Dave
L. Howard Kittle

Hi Dave,

Select the cells you want to center on.
Under Format Alignment Horizontal drop down Center across selection
OK

Should do what you want if I understand the question.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"fins2r" wrote in message
I have used Edit, Fill, Justify to fill rows with text within the
boundaries
of a set number of columns, but the text in each row is left justified.
How
do I justify the text (even spacing) in each row. If I highlight all of
the
text (multiple columns and rows) and then select Format, Cells, Alignment,
Justify; Excel jams all the text into the first column. I know I could
use a
text box, but I'd prefer not to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
-Dave

fins2r

Thanks for the reply Howard, but I want to justify the text outside edge to
outside edge across several columns (like a newspaper, or like how Justify
works in MS Word). Any further suggestions?

"fins2r" wrote in message
I have used Edit, Fill, Justify to fill rows with text within the
boundaries
of a set number of columns, but the text in each row is left justified.
How
do I justify the text (even spacing) in each row. If I highlight all of
the
text (multiple columns and rows) and then select Format, Cells, Alignment,
Justify; Excel jams all the text into the first column. I know I could
use a
text box, but I'd prefer not to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
-Dave

Anne Troy

Are you merging the cells? Works for me in Excel 2003 when I wrap text, and
fully justify.
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com