Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MS Questionnairess MS Questionnairess is offline

Default Multiple Number Ranges Results in Text ('A' if 1-5, 'B' if 6-8, et

I am a *complete* moron.

I figured out why things were just. A. Bit. Off.

I am terribly embarrassed to say, but... um... The formulas given had 'A2'
and, in fact, they should have had 'A3'. So every answer was off one cell.

I am ashamed and embarrassed and highly grateful for all the help people
have offered. All the formulas work intelligently except I, apparently, don't
:-}

This is great, though! I have a couple of people who are really interested
in how I'm going to come up with this solution so I'll pass on these
wonderous formulas to them, too.

Many, *many* thanks and I'd use 'it's Monday, after all' as a lame excuse?

"MS Questionnairess" wrote:

Ex. A2 is a bunch of numbers that have been conditionally formatted to show
up as green if between 30 and 34, yellow if between 35 and 45 and red if 46
and over.

However, I need B2 to display the word 'green', 'yellow' or 'red' depending
on the number range in A2.

Intuitively? Easy. In reality? I'm completely stumped :-P

Help?