Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default can one excelworksheet address update a different box on 2nd w/s

I would like to be able to put data into one excel worksheet box at say A1
and for it to appear at a different address say D2 on a second worksheet. At
school we have class lists for pupils and set lists with the same names. I
need to enter data by set whereas the school wants records kept by form.
This means I have to hunt around which takes forever. Is there a quick way
of entering say 78% for a child in set 2 and it appear on another page in
the right place?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"celia ellis" wrote:

I would like to be able to put data into one excel worksheet box at say A1
and for it to appear at a different address say D2 on a second worksheet. At
school we have class lists for pupils and set lists with the same names. I
need to enter data by set whereas the school wants records kept by form.
This means I have to hunt around which takes forever. Is there a quick way
of entering say 78% for a child in set 2 and it appear on another page in
the right place?

Celia

Select d2 on sheet2 and type =
click on sheet1 tab and click say A1 and press enter

Your formula will be Sheet1!A1 and whatever is in that cell will be
displayed. Copy the cormula as required.

Regards
Peter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In cell D2 on your second sheet, type an equals sign, then go to your first
sheet and click in A1. Then Enter.
That will give you the formula =Sheet1!A1
If you want the second sheet cell to remain blank when the first sheet cell
is blank, try
=IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)
--
David Biddulph