Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default can one excelworksheet address update a different box on 2nd w/s

In cell D2 on your second sheet, type an equals sign, then go to your first
sheet and click in A1. Then Enter.
That will give you the formula =Sheet1!A1
If you want the second sheet cell to remain blank when the first sheet cell
is blank, try
=IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)
--
David Biddulph

"celia ellis" <celia wrote in message
I would like to be able to put data into one excel worksheet box at say A1
and for it to appear at a different address say D2 on a second worksheet.
At
school we have class lists for pupils and set lists with the same names.
need to enter data by set whereas the school wants records kept by form.
This means I have to hunt around which takes forever. Is there a quick
way
of entering say 78% for a child in set 2 and it appear on another page in
the right place?